Wednesday, February 8, 2012

"Discovering Sofia" by Mel Teshco

Discovering SofiaDiscovering Sofia by Mel Teshco
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I guess I have too much trouble suspending disbelief with this one, because I just couldn't buy it that a woman as supposedly self-doubting and inhibited as Sofia is supposed to be would suddenly out of nowhere decide to stop and pick up a hitchhiker, and then go to a motel and do him in the parking lot where anyone who cared to could see them. It just doesn't really jive with me - it's too abrupt. And the sex wasn't even all that hot. But then maybe I'm just being overly critical, since this short-short kind of story by nature doesn't leave much room for developing a story or characters very much. Still, others have done a better job in the same amount of space I think.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment